Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A pop up virus protection has taken over my computer.how do I disable it?

I,ve turned it off. When I re-start it it comes back. I don't have a tool bar, back arrows, start up menu. It also block control alt delete. All that shows up is a virus scan. Then it tells me I can register to regain my computer controls. It cost $49.99 and I ain't registering to disable it....HELPA pop up virus protection has taken over my computer.how do I disable it?
Ehh i think ill take this question seriously...





If you have winXP, turn off your computer, then turn it on and hold cntrl and keep tapping f11, and then reset your computer.A pop up virus protection has taken over my computer.how do I disable it?
Sounds like you have a spy ware. My work computer had that last week and we needed to call a computer guy yo come and fix it. DONT give your cc number and do not register anything, it's all a scam. You will probably need a professional to fix this problem.
Get avg and malwarebyte's anti-malware and run them. Both free.
While all that was happening, you never caught its name ? It could be alot of new ones.


http://www.malwarehelp.org/ave-exe-a-mul鈥?/a>





Try this one ~
Grab http://www.malwarebytes.org/





Once you've downloaded it, install and run it in Windows Safe Mode. To get into Safe Mode, reboot your computer and press F8 several times before the Windows loading screen appears. Once in Safe Mode, right-click the Malwarebytes installation program and select ';Run as Administrator';. After it installs, run it. You may need to right-click the application and select ';Run as Administrator'; to get it to work.
Ok first...you probably shouldn't have turned it off...what you need to do is turn it off then turn it back on and when it gets to the first screen that says the logo on it press the ';f'; button that it tells you to do a diagnostic. from there it will detect it...bring you to another screen and then go through the process of getting your computer to an earlier date before the virus came in, thus removing it. If this doesn't work, you can take it to a technician or pay for a new motherboard or overall get a new computer.
Try doing a system restore....that's what i did when it happened to me.
Step 1


If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer either 7 or 8, these steps are easy. Go to the top of the screen and you will find a menu bar. From the menu bar, go to option named, ';Tools';.





Step 2


From the Tools menu, find the optioned named, ';Pop Up Blocker';. A sub menu will appear on the side.





Step 3


From the sub menu go ahead and select the option, ';Turn On Pop Up Blocker';. You can also select ';Pop-Up blocker settings'; and add the URL address from certain websites you want blocked. You can also choose how you would like to be notified when a pop-up is blocked. In addition, from the settings you can control the level of blocking

No comments:

Post a Comment