Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How often should you defragment your computer?

I use my laptop quite a bit and wondered how frequently I should do it? Can I do it everyday or will it hurt my computer by doing it to much?How often should you defragment your computer?
Everyday is not at all a good idea


You can do it once in every 1 month, if you frequently copy/deletes data otherwise for every 2 -3 months should be ok


You can check for Defragment report and if report says it needs to be done then go for it.How often should you defragment your computer?
Depends on how much you use your computer. There's no such thing as too much defragging, but I would say once every week or two is usually good enough.
Once every month is fine. If you notice that there's not much fragmentation reported once you adopt this schedule, you can probably drop to once every 2 months.
I have my Window 7 Ultimate set to everyday. Some will say no no no, But I Build %26amp; design computers and components for a living so I know a thing or two about them. Just a bit
About once a month is usually more than enough for most users
Dependent on how much downloading/file updating you perform (OR type of file system used).


=


Whenever you fragmentation %26gt; 15% ( some recommend any double digit)


- Weekly, if you can schedule it when you are not using your PC.


- - Example: Whenever you are asleep or away.
i don't actually think so


since it helps the comp go faster

No comments:

Post a Comment