Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I get my computer to connect to another wireless network?

My wireless works at home, but once I take my laptop (dell mini) anywhere else (library, starbucks, ect.) it says that it ';can't find any available networks';. Help??How can I get my computer to connect to another wireless network?
You likely have it set up to connect to yours at home ';by default';, so it's looking for your home network. (Excuse my answer if you're on a Windows version different from XP as that's the one I have in my house in the moment, but...) Click Start and Settings and Control Panel and select Network Connections... and up top you'll see a set of available wireless connections, and one of them will be the one (say, Starbucks) to which you want to connect. Highlight it and right-click and select Connect, and see if that doesn't work!
  • web design company
  • bankruptcy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment