Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How to get in good shape for track?

I'm in grade 7 and this year pretty much all of my friends out of the blue tried out for track... most of my friends are in really good shape and get 90's in gym... I get like mid 70's to 80's


I can run pretty well... not as good as others but definitely better than some... In beep tests I get 5 or 6 while most girls get around 2 or 3. I'm not even fat, I'm only 85 pounds (but I am really short) but still I have pretty bad endurance. I can run fast at first if I'm full of energy but then when I run for a while I get all tired and I get tired pretty fast plus I have mild asthma but it still effects me when I sprint for like, 5 minutes straight.


I won't try out this year, it's too late already but next year I'd really like to. I'm kind of concerned because well, it'd be fun to do with friends at school but I'd be terrified of competitions.


I don't exercise usually, mostly I go on the computer, and I know of course that would have to change. I eat a pretty good diet but I do eat a lot of junk once in a while... I'm not in any activities other than ballet.


Also I mean I think I might be fine with laps and stuff but it's relays that I suck at, and jumping hurdles (since I'm so short) Any help with that?





So can anyone help me out because I wanna try out next year. Thanks (;How to get in good shape for track?
Walk/run 1 hour per day 3 days a week. Gradually build up your speed.How to get in good shape for track?
to get in shape its not just about running its being flexible to run the distaance so start some yoga and before running do some lunges and streches expecially streches to strech your torso
First things first. Determine what event or events you enjoy doing. Once you determine that there are tons of material out there that deal with training, diet (not lose weight diet, but what your body needs to have for your health and recovery from training) Next endurance - Around the mid 70's there was a lot of talk about LSD. Ya I know, and no I'm not talking about the drug. To build endurance, lose a few pounds, and build a solid base of training LSD is the answer (you have an entire year to work on this) Long, Slow, Distance running. What's long? starting out slow build your base to run for 30 minutes. Slow, a comfortable pace where you are not labored in your breathing (I call that pace the ';Talk Test Pace,';) If your training with a partner, and during your training run both of you can carry a conversation and still run a comfortable pace that is exactly where you want to be. You'll notice I never mentioned miles. I talked about ';Time'; you either run for time or miles never combine the two right now. I run for time. Why? If I step out my door and I go on an hour run I need no track, I don't have to have measured courses, I can just run. 30 minutes out 30 minutes back an hour. I didn't worry about miles I ran for time. If you start pairing the two together, everyday your in competition to run your set distance faster and faster. Then you hit a point and burn out or over-train, which leads to injuries. Either time or distance, there will be plenty of time to set a training schedule and of course that will depend on the event you choose. Right now it's about pace, building endurance and staying healthy. I train several runners in my area. I set training schedules, all done my email. So at some point when you have determined your ';Event'; Talk with me about it and I can develop a training plan. This is your plan, I am just setting you up with what I consider a solid training plan for your event. I train distance runners, road racing and for track.





www.runforlife99@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment