Monday, August 16, 2010

Why does my router crash when I use two computers on it?

I have a Dlink router, and it works just fine when I'm the only one on it, but when my brother gets on his computer, it crashes our router and it reboots, then works for 20 mins, then crashes again... I'm almost certain that my router is fine. I've been told it might be possible that both our computers are using the same ip? thus causing it to crash.





How can I find out if thats the issue, and if it is, how can I fix it.Why does my router crash when I use two computers on it?
wow.. that's tough.. i've never experienced that before....well, with the same LAN IP, either of the PC should prompt you that the IP is already in use.. you can troubleshoot for the IP thing by forcing the IP on your TCP/IP settings..





ISOLATION:





1.your brother's pc alone and see if the router reboots, if yes, then its his pc


2.try another pc instead of your brother's and check if it happens again, if yes, then its the routerWhy does my router crash when I use two computers on it?
well bro it seems something wrong on your router an having an IP conflict is not an issue to cause the router crash your router might be broken if that's the case you need to replace your router but before replacing your router try to reset your router to reset your router there should be a red button at the back of your router im not sure if it''s red but in cisco router it is but anyways it should say reset go ahead and press that for 15-30 secs quite not sure how long it takes on a dlink router but just press it you might have to use a pointy object in order to reset that. after you reset your router just configure your router the way you configured it before and try it if you still having a problem the next step is updating your routers firmware and you may have to go to DLink website and just look at your routers model number and just search for your routers latest firmware and if still doesent work you may need to get a new router
i just need to understand first what do you mean it ';crashes'; , do you mean it disconnects you from the internet? , do you mean it performs a reset? (i.e. the lights ,shutdown and start lighting up , after a few minutes)





how do you know it crashes? , post you replay.
Almost same problem





When using the internet router resets on its own

No comments:

Post a Comment