Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can I mend my computer?

Help! My computer will switch on but nothing comes up on the monitor. It is almost as if the computer does not recognise the monitor. I have tried the monitor with other computers and also the computer with other monitors to no avail. I want to access the files on it. I think it is running windows XP and it is around 4 years old. Practical ideas only please!How can I mend my computer?
its called patience.How can I mend my computer?
check the leads are fully pushed in if thats not it check the fuse to the monitor





then consider taking it for repair
So is it the monitor and/or the computer that isn't working?





If it's the monitor:





Try a different power cable.


Check that none of the pins are broken in the signal cable.





If it is the PC:





Check the graphics card is seated correctly in the slot.


If you have a graphics card and motherboard graphics, try the monitor in the motherboard video output.


Replace the graphics card with another one that is known to work.





When you say it switches on, do the fans turn on as well as the hard drive, or is it just the fans? If it is only the fans that spin up, try reseating your memory.
It could be a problem with the video card.





If you want to just access files on it you can easily open it up and remove the hard drive and then plug it into another computer tower. This isn't nearly as hard as it sounds. Look online or in the computer manual that came with your computer for instructions on how to remove your hard drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment